Posts tagged reminders for the self
If you are having a problem achieving your dreams in this life, then perhaps you should take a look at this diagram. Subhanallah, the Quran always associates the heart with understanding in many verses. Follow your heart, open your mind, and achieve your dreams insha’Allah!
“ 1. Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.”
2. Never use a long word where a short one will do.
3. If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.
4. Never use the passive where you can use the active.
5. Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word, or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.
6. Break any of these rules sooner than say anything outright barbarous.
Oh Almighty, give me the strength and courage to overcome the obstacles in front of me. Help me become the best man that I can be.
to take a moment and affirm “Alhamdulillah” for indeed all praise is due to Allah.
to count your blessings, renew your intentions, and face tomorrow’s adversities with courage and patience.
to relinquish all your anxieties because insha’Allah everything is going to be alright.
to remember that now’s as good a time as ever.
يَا بُنَيَّ أَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَانْهَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَاصْبِرْ عَلَى مَا أَصَابَكَ إِنَّ ذَلِكَ مِنْ عَزْمِ الْأُمُورِ
“O my son! Establish the prayer, enjoin the good, and forbid the evil, and endure with patience whatever afflicts you. Verily! These are from the most important of matters.”
“ Don’t depend on knowledge nor works nor assistance. Rather, be with God, through God, for God.”
God willing this will be one of the most beneficial and incredible years yet for us all; a year full of peace, joy, progress, and success.
Alhamdulillah 2010 was amazing, a year of change for sure. But i have even bigger aspirations for 2011, insha’Allah i aim to accomplish much this year and i’ll share all the progress with you as things move along.
My list of resolutions for 2011 aren’t elaborate or much different from those of years past but they’re all things i genuinely feel i have to work on, the list is as follows:
- Better Time Management (Cut out unnecessary activities, use time management strategies, etc)
- Improve Physical Health (Sleep, Exercise, Eating Habits)
- Create a new blog, one that serves a purpose and can be used as a portfolio.
- Dedicate at least 5 hours a week to creative activities.
- Volunteer more
- Ask better questions.
- Seek knowledge, put it into practice.
- Strengthen my deen / purifying my heart.
*remember to keep editing this list year-round.
“ There are no magic answers, no miraculous methods to overcome the problems we face, just the familiar ones: honest search for understanding, education, organization, action that raises the cost of state violence for its perpetrators or that lays the basis for institutional change — and the kind of commitment that will persist despite the temptations of disillusionment, despite many failures and only limited successes, inspired by the hope of a brighter future.”